Under the supervision of the W4C Secretary-General and Managers, the trainee will implement and carry out the activities of the Women4Cyber initiative.
The trainee will provide support to content-based communication and administrative tasks for the daily management of the Women4Cyber Foundation, as well as provide ad-hoc support to the Secretariat.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The trainee will provide support to the following tasks:
- Administration: Update & manage the Women4Cyber database and distribution lists on a daily basis; reply to requests from community members on an ad hoc basis; draft emails; support the logistical implementation of the Women4Cyber local/national chapters.
- Event management / Meeting preparation: Support the preparation of Women4Cyber internal and external events and meetings (book venues, deal with logistics arrangements, prepare meeting material under supervision); prepare minutes of meetings.
- Communication: closely monitor and update the W4C social media channels; draft and help prepare the W4C social media messages on the different platforms; support the preparation of the quarterly newsletter (which includes updates and research on articles, videos and events); support the preparation and launch of the campaigns undertaken by W4C; proactively suggest innovative ideas to engage the W4C community and improve the visibility of the W4C Foundation.
- Research: Follow and report on other gender-related initiatives in cybersecurity/tech/digital in Europe as well as in the Member States, in the public, private and academic sector; help identify potential partnerships and support engagement with key stakeholders.
- Roadmap of Actions and other tasks: Support the implementation of concrete actions under the W4C Roadmap of Actions; help identify fundraising opportunities or partnerships; contribute to other ad-hoc tasks occurring in the daily work or as requested by the Secretariat.
- Have at least 1 to 2 years of experience working in Brussels or in an international environment (think tank, NGO, membership-based association, EU Institutions);
- Proven interest in cybersecurity and/or gender-inclusive policies & initiatives;
- Proactive, flexible and independent are important pre-requisites;
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills. Knowledge of French is a plus;
- Effective communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines;
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills;
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel), knowledge of Photoshop, Canva and / or other graphic design tools a plus.
CV + Cover Letter to be sent to: Nina Hasratyan, Operational Coordinator (email@example.com) & Nina Olesen, Senior Manager & Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for submitting your application: 13th August 2021. Starting Date: September 2021 (as soon as posible)
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.